Huh Oh
low sugar morning
old measures are not working
new set of symptoms
Pertinent Question
will this be the time
for sure, some day it will be
I drive to St. Luke’s
Second Thoughts
make it to ER
vitals good, symptoms waning
perhaps I panicked
In Good Hands
doctor is thorough
blood tests, EKG, Cat Scan
“I’ll see you later”
Rethinking Remedy
Hershey’s not the cure
gum drops, gummy bears better
so says internet
Blunt Instrument
brought everything
all except note pad and pen
write haiku in head
CT Taxi
through the halls I whiz
into the halo of blue
Vivian drives me
Tuckered
now comes the waiting
test results returned, studied
time for a nice nap
Happy Ending
doctor brings the news
I am cleared to go back home
still, glad I came in
Lessons
what did I learn here
eat before going to bed
buy some gummy bears
I’ll Take It
the rest of the day?
spent with daughters, cat, and friends
wonderful ending
(composed 03/20/22)
July 21, 2022
False Alarm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment