August 21, 2022

The Healing Of The Demonic

Context

And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out in a loud voice, “Ah! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God.” But Jesus rebuked him, saying,

The Saying

“Be silent, and come out of him!” (Luke 4, 35)

Exorcising

who is my demon
the one who roams in my brain
carrying on so

it darts here and there
setting off these brush fires
keeping me busy

is my job secure
is she still in love with me
what if I get sick

such ingratitude
hey! that was my parking spot
I hope I don’t fail

the way of the brain
the way of circumstances
one way of being

when I ignore thoughts
give up trying to control
release attachments

engage in silence
practice being in the now
live loving kindness

the demon takes leave
no more is there room for it
my spirit is clean

Inspired by The Radical Sayings of Jesus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment